Saturday, May 03, 2008

Landscaping

Well I had 2 weeks off (more or less) and decided to landscape the patio and backyard a little. Of course this involved digging up the area around the patio, moving the drain pipes installed to divert water from the house, sprinkler system pipes had to be relocated (only hit one with the shovel so not too bad). Planted about 40 different plants. Here are some photos. Still not really finished but my muscles ache and the winds are blowing 50 mph around here all the time which makes working out in the yard challenging.

The tree in the center is an Autumn Blaze Maple. It was the only one that would grow in clay soil, full sun, withstand high winds, not 'seed' too much garbage that I would have to pick up or that would kill the kids, and that would grow quickly (supposedly 3 feet/year once established).

Set of 4 double knockout roses, supposedly will withstand Japenese Beetle attack (which are bad here).
A bench I put in to sit and watch the kids play in the yard. Water feature was just delivered today so have not yet installed, so hopefully with a little more mulch and some reseeding of the grass, I can get things cleaned up a little bit more.

Painting the baby room is next on the agenda.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: