Friday, August 19, 2005

A Good News Day + Bye, Bye Birdie

First the good news:

Number 1

Angie called from work today and said that she liked her job. Was listening to classical music in her huge office.

Number 2

This morning when I came to work I was so frustrated because I think of the 16 computers in our office, I got the one that runs the slowest and had the crappiest technology and locked up all the time. This was well known to our office secretary that I thought that "seniority" should not take rank over those that are not even here in the office 5 days of the month. Anyway, I didn't say anything today but for some reason they remembered that it was my birthday today. For that they swapped out my computer and now I have a flat screen speed demon. If you know me, you know what a big deal this is.

Number 3

Angie's last ultrasound showed a cervical length of >3cm which is improved from last time. She is also not having any contractions.

Number 4

I'm off this weekend.
-------------------------------------
Now for the bad news:

Our dryer quit "drying" and, through my super abilities to diagnose appliance problems, determined that the vent was blocked on the outside. We called the apartement people to help. Unfortunately in the meantime I have seen and heard that we have new baby birds in the vent which is the obstruction. They are supposed to come today to "hook up a blower to the dryer to blow out anything that's blocking it". If you know me, you know what a big deal this is.

I'm afraid to go home.

No comments: